Volunteers are essential to making many domestic violence programs that help pets possible. Here are some ways to lend a hand to further this cause.
- Learn all you can. View the training section on our resource page to learn about various online and offline ways to increase your expertise about the topic.
- Spread the word. Print our flier (PDF) and share it with the people in your community who can make a difference, such as shelter providers, advocates, and those in the animal and law enforcement communities.
- Share the search. Download one of our images from above, then link to www.SafePlaceforPets.org. You can encourage domestic violence shelters, animal groups and others to embed these images into their websites.
- Lend a hand on-site. Use Safe Place search to a find local shelter; contact them about volunteering. Organize supply drive for local shelter.
- Raise funds. Work with your local family violence shelter to organize a SAF-T awareness day on the first weekend in October.
- Donate no-longer-used wireless phones and accessories in any condition from any wireless provider at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store, through a HopeLine® phone drive.
This project is funded entirely by private donations. Please support our work.